Bibra Lake, Western Australia
Development WA undertook development of a historical landfill site located in Bibra Lake, Western Australia. The landfill site was remediated to allow construction and use of commercial buildings in a precinct arrangement. Ennovo were engaged to provide a specialist landfill gas (LFG) risk assessment and design a gas mitigation system to protect the surrounding buildings and ensure compliance.
The site has a number of unique aspects that presented both technical and financial challenges. Through the use of continuous monitoring equipment, a robust LFG risk assessment was achieved which in turn informed the design basis of the gas mitigation system.
The main disciplines undertaken included the following:
- Continuous and spot gas monitoring
- Surface gas emission assessment
- Services investigation and field investigations
- Drilling works and monitoring well installation
- Development of a Conceptual Site Model (CSM)
- Landfill Gas (LFG) Risk Assessment
- Odour modelling
- Design of a LFG mitigation system